Substance Misuse and Addiction
The Mass General Brigham Employee Assistance Program is available to help with a variety of substance misuse and addiction issues. Navigating these problems can be challenging for all those impacted. Below are some relevant resources. Please contact the EAP at 866-724-4327 if you need further assistance for yourself or someone you care about.
New Mass Help-line
The recently launched Mass Help Line provides free support and accessing treatment for mental health and substance misuse needs.
– Call, text, or chat 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
– Connect with qualified professionals for mental health assessments, crisis services, substance use treatment, referrals and guidance with helping someone you care about.
EAP News Articles
- General Information
NIAAA – Understanding Alcohol Use Disorder
Very Well Mind – What is a Problem Drinker
Medline Plus – Myths about Drinking Alcohol
- Changing Drinking Habits & Staying Sober
MGH Recovery Research Institute – Guide to Drinking Levels
NIAAA – Rethinking Drinking – Assess and Change Risky Drinking Habits
Al-Anon.org – For Families Coping with a Loved One’s Problem Drinking
Less – Alcohol Tracker
NOMO – Sobriety Clocks
CAMH – Saying When
- Women and Alcohol
NIAAA – Women and Alcohol – Why Women may be at Higher Risk
- Alcohol Use and Misuse in Children
KidsHealth – Talking to Kids about Alcohol
- General Information from National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Opioids and Kids
Partnership to End Addiction – Opioids and their Risks Explained
Marijuana & Vaping
- Partners in Helping You Quit – for MGB & Family Members
Are you interested in cutting back or quitting tobacco or vape use? Partners in Helping You Quit (PiHQ)
Free Employee Smoking Cessation Program offers treatment and coaching for employees, spouses, and adult dependents. A tobacco treatment coach helps smokers make a plan and provides guidance through the process of cutting down and becoming tobacco free.
– PiHQ offers bi-weekly phone calls for 12 weeks, followed by monthly calls for 12 months.
– Counseling is individualized and conducted by phone and email for convenience. Counseling is customized, private and confidential.
– No office visits required.
– Partners health insurance covers any FDA-approved stop-smoking medication, with a prescription from a healthcare provider. For additional information, call PiHQ at 617-724-2205, or email PIHQ@partners.org
- MGH Smoking Cessation Programs
- Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program (MTCP)
Self Help Resources
Help for Health Care Professionals facing Substance Misuse
Help for those Dealing with Substance Misuse in Loved ones