Childcare & Youth Activities
Bright Horizons offers Mass General Brigham employees a variety of family care and education programs which include Back-Up Care, Care and Household Marketplace, Elder Care, Education Support, and Family Concierge— One-on-one expert guidance and hands on support for all your Bright Horizons benefits.
For Bright Horizons network specific childcare search and support please contact clients.brighthorizons.com/MGB, submit a request Bright Horizons | Support, or call 877-242-2737 (877-BH-CARES) to speak with a Customer Care Representative 24/7, 365 days a year, where you can access Family Concierge services.
For more information about Childcare Benefits at Mass General Brigham please visit the AskMyHR Childcare Benefits at Mass General Brigham page.
The Mass General Brigham Employee Assistance Program is also available to help employees with identifying childcare options. EAP can assist you with childcare searches for non-Bright Horizons resources, including identifying childcare centers, family daycares, and nanny options in your community.
If you or a family member work for a Mass General Brigham affiliated entity, and you would like to explore childcare options with an EAP Consultant, please call us at 866-724-4327 for an appointment.
If you are interested in a childcare search only, please fill out the Child Care Search Request Form. Note: your childcare search will take 2-5 business days. If your situation is urgent, please call us.
Assessing your Childcare Needs
Whatever the age of your child, finding quality childcare can be a challenging and emotional experience. You are looking for an arrangement that will work best for your family and one in which you will be confident that your child will receive love and good care. and be able to thrive.
Your needs and those of your child will help determine the advantages and disadvantages of each option and will help you decide what is most appropriate for you and your family. Needs may change over time and may vary by child. The EAP is available to help you identify your needs and the resources that best match those needs.
Below are some factors to consider as you navigate the child-care process:
Schedule and Duration Factors
- Part-time or full-time care
- Standard or variable work hours
- Year round or seasonal care
- In-home (typically more affordable)
- Number of children needing care
- Do all your children need the same type of childcare setting?
- Near home or work
- Location of your pediatrician
- Do you drive to work or need childcare near public transportation?
Type of Environment
- Small or informal more flexible setting or a large/structured institutional setting
- Do you want your child to have one-to-one childcare or be with other children?
- Is the childcare you are considering consistent with your values? It is important to have a good match here. Parents should feel comfortable with whichever choice they make.
- Childcare Aware-Types of Childcare Settings
Finding Childcare and Subsidy Opportunities in the Community
Mass General Brigham Affiliated Childcare and Back-up Care Centers
Summer Camps and Activities
Summertime can be stressful for working parents who need to identify summer camps or activities which meet their children’s needs/interests and accommodate the family budget. Below are some resources to help you find the right Summer activity for your children and your family. Please contact the EAP if you require further assistance.
Bright Horizons Camp Programs:
Save big on summer camps through your Mass General Brigham Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ benefit. Your child can enjoy activities such as crafts, science projects, music and more, and you’ll be able to focus during busy workweeks.
Visit Bright Horizons and login through the Back-Up Child Care tile. Select Camps Only when looking to find a camp in your area.
Camp Harbor View
This summer, Camp Harbor View is offering four two-week sessions in July and August at no charge. All Boston residents entering grades 6-9 in the fall are invited to apply for a two-week day camp session and enrollment is first come, first serve.
Mass General Brigham Summer Activity Resources
- Summer Programs – MGH/BWH Back-up Childcare Centers
- The MGH and BWH Back-up Childcare Centers offer flexible summer programming including daily or week-long Vacation Clubs and Summer Fun Days. Programming includes a variety of child centered activities that take advantage of the outdoors and the greater Boston area. Please Check Eligibility Requirements
General Camp and Activity Resources
Community Organization Camps and Programs
Some of these organizations offer camps or programs that are affordable and accommodate at-risk youth
Boys and Girls Clubs
Camps for Specific Health Conditions
Camps and Retreats for Transgender and Gender-Variant Youth and Families