Booster Shot Information for Employees
On Friday, November 19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expanded eligibility for COVID-19 booster shots to include all adults. Click here for full details regarding the CDC’s announcement. Adults who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months ago or the J&J vaccine at least 2 months ago are now eligible for the booster.
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster shot. Visit the CDC website for full details regarding their recommendation on the use of heterologous (or “mix and match”) booster shots.
Mass General Brigham is also offering booster shots to employees who are eligible per the CDC’s recommendation. Eligible employees may schedule their booster shot appointment at a Mass General Brigham location via COVID Pass.
• You may still get a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster shot, is in your local community. There are many sites, including CVS and Walgreens, offering free vaccine booster shots. You can search vaccines.gov, visit Mass.gov or Vaccines.nh.gov to find a location near you. You can also text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location.
Get vaccinated and document your status
Employees must have already received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by October 15. Those who have received only one dose of Moderna or Pfizer by the October 15 deadline also will be required to show proof of a scheduled second dose at the appropriate time interval.
- The quickest, easiest way to get a COVID-19 vaccination is in your local community. There are many sites, including CVS and Walgreens, offering free same-day COVID-19 vaccines. You can search vaccines.gov, visit Mass.gov or Vaccines.nh.gov to find a location near you. You can also text your zip code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location.
- Mass General Brigham is offering short-term COVID-19 vaccination clinics for staff members:
- Given the limited number of vaccination appointments that will be available, we are strongly urging all staff members to get vaccinated as soon as possible at a location in your community.
- Staff members can also continue to use open scheduling to get a vaccine at existing patient vaccine centers located at Assembly Row, MGH Outpatient Pharmacy or BWH Hale.
- The Mass General Mobile vans will also have limited walk-in COVID-19 vaccines available for staff members and others in communities we serve.
- The Mass General Brigham COVID-19 Vaccine Navigator helpline has agents available who can help employees schedule their COVID-19 vaccination – at a Mass General Brigham site or elsewhere in the community. Call 617-724-9600.
- Vaccination status is not shared automatically. Employees must visit vaccinecheck.massgeneralbrigham.org to share their Mass General Brigham vaccination record with Occupational Health or submit proof of vaccination to Occupational Health Services (if vaccinated elsewhere) by October 15.
- If it has been over 72 hours since you shared or uploaded your vaccination record with Occupational Health and believe there is an error, please email PHSOHSCOVID19@partners.org.
Additional information about obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine can be found on The Pulse.
Information on Vaccines – Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Mass.Gov – Commonwealth of Massachusetts Vaccine Information
Vaccines & Kids
Cleveland Clinic – Talking to Kids about the Vaccine
We Got Us Project – Empowerment through Education
Empowering communities with accurate science information and public health resources such as the COVID vaccine. Connects Black community members and organizations with trusted Black healthcare professionals and students.