The EAP is Here to Support those Impacted by Hurricane Season
Many people in the MGB Community have been affected directly or indirectly by the devastation from recent Hurricanes. Whether you are worried about the well-being of friends or family members, or simply moved by images of destruction, it’s important to take care of yourself, with whatever helps you to cope.
Declared Disaster Information from FEMA:
FEMA – The Federal Emergency Management Agency: Declared Disasters
How to Lend a Helping Hand:
- American Red Cross – for donations to rescue and other relief
- World Central Kitchen provides relief by Immediately serving chef-prepared meals to communities impacted by natural disasters and during prolonged humanitarian crises.
- Hispanic Federation is on the ground in Puerto Rico providing emergency relief services and essential supplies to the communities most affected by the storm. The Hispanic Federation is also in the process of identifying non-governmental organizations in the Dominican Republic to support local relief efforts.
- PRxPR: Relief & Rebuild Fund is a private, non-partisan, no overhead fund, was created to help Puerto Rico in the aftermath of two deeply devastating and unprecedented hurricanes.
- Taller Salud is a community based feminist organization dedicated to improving women’s access to health care, to reducing violence within the community and to encourage economic growth through education and activism.
- GlobalGiving is a nonprofit that supports other nonprofits by connecting them to donors and companies. Donations to the Hurricane Fiona Relief Fund will provide immediate and long-term relief in affected communities.
- ConPRmetidos is a federally recognized 501(c) 3 non-profit with a 10-year track record of local impact on the island. Support for the FionaReliefPR.com campaign will provide much needed emergency relief to families living in these devastated areas.
- More information on channeling support to area communities.
- MGH Emergency Response Fund: For more information, click here.
Support from the EAP
Contact the EAP at 866-724-4327 or request an appointment via our online form for confidential assistance.