Mindful Eating at School
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. Being mindful does not mean judging yourself; try to observe but not be critical.
Mindful Eating is a great way to take care of your body and mind during your busy day.
Here are 5 tips to eat mindfully:
- Notice the different food colors, shapes, and textures in your meal.
- Express gratitude to all those who made it possible for you to enjoy this meal, wish them well.
- Smell the different aromas nature brings to your meal.
- Chew each bite thoroughly; enjoy the layer of flavors, sweet, tangy, salty, bitter and pungent.
- Rest or pause before going on to next activity.
- If time and place allows, take a short walk.
For more information or to discuss your life transitions concerns please contact Partners Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-724-4EAP.
In case of emergency, please call 911 or your local hospital emergency service.
This content was last modified on: 08/04/2017