General Financial Assistance
Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC) new!
Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled and Children (EAEDC) new!
F.A.Q. on Stimulus: Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Plan-NY Times
FindHelp at MA-211
Small Business Recovery Loans new!
Harvard University Employees Credit Union Financial Support
RTN Federal Credit Union Covid-19 Response
MA Dept of Unemployment Daily Presentations on the Process of Applying for Assistance
COVID-19 Related Unemployment Information for MA
Support for Service Workers Who Rely on Tips
BWH_Faulkner Boston Area Food Resources
Fair Foods-$2 for a Bag of Groceries
MA Food Stamp Program
Project Bread-Access to Food for Those in Need-Hotline: 800-645-8333
The Greater Boston Food Bank-617-427-5200
Child Nutrition Outreach Program-Access to School Breakfast and Summer Meals
Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program-Provides Nutrition/Health Education and healthy food free to MA Families who Qualify-800-WIC-1007
What Boston renters need to know during the coronavirus pandemic new!
Mortgage Loan Borrowers Impacted by COVID-19 new!
COVID-19 and Homelessness new!
Information on MA Utilities During the Pandemic
Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- Suspended shutoffs for nonpayment in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Will also offer its most flexible payment plans to customers who indicate either an impact or hardship as a result of COVID-19 and will suspend late payment charges until May 1.
- Suspending disconnection of service for non-payment; Eliminating late payment charges.
- Also offering a flexible payment plan with no down payment for any past-due amount
- Temporarily suspending collections-related activities, including service disconnections, to lessen any financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health Insurance new!
Updates from MassHealth
- MassHealth is allowing early refills and 90-day supplies of medications
- MassHealth enrollees with active coverage as of March 18, 2020 will have protected coverage and will not be terminated during the COVID-19 outbreak national emergency and for one month after the emergency period ends. No additional paperwork will be needed.
Commercial Insurers, BCBS of MA, and HMOs
- All health insurance carriers are required to provide medically necessary testing, treatment, and telehealth services for COVID-19. This must be provided without a copay, use of coinsurance or deductible
For more information or to discuss stress and resilience concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact Partners Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-724-4327.
In case of emergency, please call 911 or your local hospital emergency service.
This content was last modified on: 04/01/2020