February 26 – March 4 is National Eating Disorders Week
Binge-Eating/Purging Type involves binge eating and/or purging behaviors during the last three months.
Restricting Type does not involve binge eating or purging. Learn more.
Binge Eating Disorder Learn more.
Bulimia Nervosa Learn more.
Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder
There is some feeding or eating disorder that causes significant distress or impairment, but does not meet the criteria for another feeding or eating disorder. Examples include:
- Atypical anorexia nervosa (weight is not below normal)
- Bulimia nervosa (with less frequent behaviors)
- Binge-eating disorder (with less frequent occurrences)
- Purging disorder (purging without binge eating)
- Night eating syndrome (excessive nighttime food consumption
Check out the links below for more information on eating disorders, symptoms and treatment options
If you or someone you love is struggling with their relationship with food or their body you can get information, resources and support by calling Partners Employee Assistance Program at 1-866-724-4EAP.
This content was last modified on: 02/01/2017